What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Nicotine Up Sharply In Many Cigarettes


Nicotine Up Sharply In Many Cigarettes

As the spouse of someone that has struggled with smoking and quitting for years, this article pisses me off. I do not know what it is like to quit smoking, having never been addicted to it and I will admit that I have lost patience with my husband in the past when his attempts to quit have failed. I am not here saying that smokers have no part in their own addiction, but what part does the tobacco companies that manufacture these death sticks have in the failure of those trying to quit, thus staying addicted?

What good does it do for a tobacco company like Philip Morris to have a website on quitting smoking when some of their brands are the worst offenders? The tobacco companies have so many politicians in their pockets, they think they are beyond accountability. I think that's bullshit.

No comments: