What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Sunday School Teacher Dismissed Because She's A Woman?

WWNY
Even if it wasn't because she is a woman, it's a pretty shitty thing to do to someone after so many years.

This was one of the reasons I gravitated towards the Wiccan faith. Any religion that tries to make people subservient is not ok in my book. I am sick to death of churches using that story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden as an excuse to view women as inherently evil, immoral, or less than a man. I don't care if it is some book, even if that book is the Bible. I don't view the Bible as the problem, I view the people reading and interpreting it as the problem.

Looks like another example of a holier-than-thou attitude to me......

No comments: