What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

An Open Letter to LitterBugs

Dear LitterBugs,

After picking up ANOTHER trash bag full of trash off of my front yard, I have this to say.

I am tired of you all using my front yard as a trash can. I am tired of having to pick up McDonald's wrappers, old lottery tickets, and beer bottles and cans. Just the other day I watched one of you throw a WHOLE fast food bag of trash out of your window. This is an all year thing and this year it seems worse.

Why do you all feel that this planet is your personal waste area? What the hell keeps you from holding onto your garbage until you can throw it away at home or at a gas station?

I am so tired of watching people trash the environment and blatantly disregard the fact that with every wrapper, with every plastic bottle thrown out of a car window, the problem gets bigger and the beauty of the area is spoiled. How many of us have seen a fence that has caught hundreds of plastic bags that are just thrown aside?

My rant might be a preaching to the choir, but I seriously am disgusted.

No comments: