What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Got Lazy....gained weight....working to get it off again

One of the things that I was most proud of was my weight loss from 165 pounds down to (at my least) 139 pounds. My routine consisted of a three times a week Bowflex routine, a daily 8 Minute Abs, and occasional aerobic activity, such as bike riding and walking. I watched what I ate by eating less carbohydrates and more proteins and ate very little sweets and fast food. I was feeling really good.

In the process of this life change I am going through, I have strayed from this routine. I am eating out more and not exercising as much. Although I have not gained a significant amount of weight (I am up to 145), I feel out of shape and flabby. I actually feel sluggish and icky. Today I decided to do something about it.

I started back on my 8 Minute Abs this morning and holy shit, did that hurt, but having used it in the past, I know that the routine works. I am also off to the grocery store to get the foods that I used to eat...yogurts, skim milk, wrap bread, etc. Tomorrow I will get the Bowflex out and get to that routine.

I can't wait to feel good again.

No comments: