What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ghosthunters International


I admit it...I am a fan of Ghost Hunters on the Sci-Fi Channel, but I find that I have a love/hate relationship with it. While I like what Jason and Grant are doing (going in trying to disprove the existence of paranormal activity instead of proving), I am frequently disappointed when they don't find something at places that are historically known to be haunted. To me it seems that they don't spend enough time at one place or, much to my dismay, sometimes fighting within the ranks of TAPS tends to overshadow the investigations. I mean, if I was a ghost, I wouldn't want to show myself while someone was ripping Brian Harnois a new butthole.

This all being said, I was still eagerly awaiting the premire of Ghosthunters International. I mean, come on....ghosthunting in Europe? How cool would that be!? The fact that Europe is downright ancient is enough to want me to check it out! Now I knew that Jason and Grant (and Steve, the man who seems afraid of everything but ghosts) wouldn't be a part of the team, but imagine my disappointment when I saw that not only was Brian back, but Donna LaCroix and Andy Andrews as well. It's like they took the most annoying members of TAPS and put them in one series.

This is why I say this: Brian always has personal problems and tends to exaggerate everything that is going on around him. Andy is like the equivalent of a small yappy dog for he never shuts up. Then there is Donna, who seems to walk into every investigation scared. Everywhere she goes she "just doesn't feel comfortable" there. And don't get me started on how many times I hear "Oh MY GAAD!" from her!

In a nutshell, Ghosthunters International is a fair show. I love the locations they went to yesterday and look forward to future episodes, but it seems a lot like the old show, edited the same way, the same annoying music being played when the crew supposedly hears a sound, and the "What the hell was that?" being said over and over so I don't know....we'll see.

No comments: