What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Monday, January 07, 2008

How to Get the Life You Want - Page1 -  MSN Lifestyle - Mind, Body & Soul

How to Get the Life You Want - Page1 - MSN Lifestyle - Mind, Body & Soul

I read this article today and it spoke to me. For years I have held onto the dream that I would one day write a novel. I even have the novel in my head, with characters, plot, location...you name it. It's all right there in my head, playing like a movie that I have seen over and over again. The question remains is why don't I write it? Why am I holding out on a dream I have dreamed for years? Why is it that I put my dreams on the back burner all the while building up those of my kids and my boyfriend?

The answer to those questions lie in the fact that I always believed as a mother that following one's silly dreams was selfish. I mean there is so much to do as a homeschooling mom there seems to be little time for anything else. This article makes a good point though...not fulfulling your dreams means not being true to yourself and it sets up the "is this all there is" feeling.

So, my goal is to not only spend sometime a day writing my story, but maintaining my blogs to keep me fresh. I have allowed too many things to overshadow the dreams that I have and I need a balance as a mother and my own person.

Wish me luck........

No comments: