What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Twisters catch residents off-guard -- chicagotribune.com

Twisters catch residents off-guard -- chicagotribune.com

These stories out of Lafayette, TN are important to me because I once lived there. In fact, my mother still lives a hop, skip, and a jump from it just over the Macon / Smith County border. It was the very first house that I could call mine, my husband at the time and I bought a pretty little 4 bedroom house with white siding and black shutters right on Main Street. We brought our son home to that house over 15 years ago. I knew my neighbors for Lafayette has a very "Mayberry" feel to it. It makes my heart hurt to know that this kind of devastation hit this town.

My thoughts go out to the residents of Lafayette and Macon County, TN. I will keep a candle lit for you all.

No comments: