What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Friday, March 14, 2008

And the media circus follows.....

spitzer
I have been mulling over the events of the last week. The shock of finding out that my governor, Eliot Spitzer, thought he was above the law, the heartbreaking look on his wife's face as her world fell apart around her, having to listen to that asshole Glenn Beck having way too much fun with all this while waiting for Spitzer to announce his resignation on AM radio, (I don't listen to Beck for the record....it was the only station I could get in and Spitzer was late to his own resignation, so I had to endure about 10 minutes of Beck), and the ensuing media circus to follow.

This "Kristin" girl becomes another in a long line of women that will become famous for a sexual scandal that brought down a powerful man. The sad thing is that this is not the first time it has happened and it won't be the last. Why is it that powerful men meet their downfall? Why are they willing to lose so much for a piece of ass? I mean, apparently Spitzer paid a large sum for that piece, but it is a piece nonetheless. How is the love of your family, the respect of your peers, and the trust of your state worth all that? It just boggles the mind.

My friend, Miniature Rose, at her blog said my sentiments exactly. It's the hypocrisy of all this that bothers me. Throughout time, men of power have had their fair share of dalliances...that's not the shock. Hell, most of the men that voted to impeach Clinton probably had mistresses and dalliances with prostitutes themselves, but the hypocrisy of Spitzer offends me. I voted for him with the hope that he would bring some kind of ethics to this State...ethics we needed so badly. Now all he has brought is embarrassment and shame and one more prostitute that can have her 15 minutes of fame simply for being a whore.

Am I being judgemental.....yes, probably, but right now I am pissed that all this happened.

No comments: