What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Monday, March 24, 2008

U.S. death toll in Iraq reaches 4,000 - CNN.com

U.S. death toll in Iraq reaches 4,000 - CNN.com

It is a grim milestone that we hit last night. 4000 American troops have died in Iraq. This, along with the scores of American troops that are broken and battered in body and mind, along with the many Iraqi dead, makes one continue to question the mind of a President that thinks it is all worth it. As George W. Bush says that the critics of this war have no real grounds to question the progress of this War, I am left to wonder how he sleeps at night.

Last night I was flipping through the channels as the breaking news of the milestone came in on CNN. Michael Ware, a correspondent that has been in Iraq pretty much from the beginning, was speaking on the milestone with great candor. I was happy to see that he was saying how he felt and he wasn't holding back, even when one of the panelists tried to rebuke him.

I am linking to a Huffington Post that has a clip of Michael Ware last night.

No comments: