What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Friday, May 16, 2008

An Antiwar March Through Towns Unused to One - New York Times

An Antiwar March Through Towns Unused to One - New York Times

I hope that this group is able to get the message out better than I did. I was part of a group that stood on Public Square in Watertown every Saturday, starting right before the war started, and ending some months later when our numbers dwindled to where we weren't too effective anymore. I think most of it was the lukewarm to downright nasty reception we got while speaking out for peace. Occasionally we got the soldier that would thank us for speaking out or the beep and thumbs up from a passing motorist, but that was few and far between.

Of course, that was a few years ago and I believe more and more people are against this war. I am glad that these groups are organizing this. More emphasis needs to be made on how our troops are being treated, or not being treated.

Good luck to all the marchers!!

No comments: