What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Editorial - Mr. Bush and the G.I. Bill - Editorial - NYTimes.com

Editorial - Mr. Bush and the G.I. Bill - Editorial - NYTimes.com

It is amazing that as Dubya seems to send more and more people to war without so much as batting an eye, that he would consider paying a full tuition at a 4 year college "too generous". How sad that he threatened to veto it.

It amazes me the level of sacrifice this President expects our military to make, when he was unwilling to make it himself. In my opinion, paying for a college tuition would be only the beginning of what this government should offer in exchange to the sacrifice of the troops time away from their real lives, their families, and the readjustment after being in a hellhole like Iraq.

No comments: