What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Just when you thought I was going to let my politics slide....

I know I have been scarce. I also know that I have not had a lot to say here on this blog about politics and the Election. Fear not, dear readers...it's only here that I have been silent and it's only because I have not had much time to blog. Now I have a minute and will give you the condensed version of how I have been feeling.



I watched the Democratic convention last week every day that I didn't have to work. When I did have to work, I found the speeches I missed on Youtube.

Teddy Kennedy was an inspiration, speaking at the convention against doctors order. His vow to make it to see President Obama sworn in brought tears to my eyes.

Michelle Obama was graceful and eloquent. She spoke from the heart and brought to all us the point that she and Barack are not too far from the rest of us. That we can come from working class families and still make a difference.

Hillary's speech was phenomenal. Anyone who saw it knows that I need not say more except "No way, no how, no McCain!"

Bill Clinton's speech hit it out of the park. Not only did he talk up Obama very well, he also spoke of how strong and able Joe Biden will be as VP. Staying true to form, it was reported that Bill was supposed to speak on foreign security, but he felt that he should speak more about the economy. He did both beautifully.

Joe Biden was great! He made me laugh, he made me think, and he spoke like Joe Biden speaks...to the point.

And finally, what can I say about Barack Obama's speech. It was hopeful, it was thought-provoking, and it showed the eloquence that we need in a President. Being on the anniversary of the "I Have a Dream" speech, one has to wonder if MLK, Jr. was looking down with pride. I have not been this hopeful about a candidate since I voted for the first time for Clinton first term. I remember holding my baby son, who is now 15, and feeling a sense of hope for our country. I feel that same hope now. I believe that Barack Obama, with Joe Biden's help, can bring us out of this eight nightmare called the Bush Administration and bring us forward into a new era. This campaign is historic and this campaign is hopeful.

I feel I have work to do for the next two months. I feel a sense of energy to get out and organize...get the word out. The first thing I have to do is get a new Obama yard sign because the one I have been displaying since February is missing. I am not talking "blown away in a storm" missing, I am talking "taken out of my yard" missing. Stay tuned....maybe there is a Debate Watching Party in the future of Northern NY.


No comments: