What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Monday, September 15, 2008

Take Amir Taheri's NY Post article with a grain of salt, people...this is what I found!!

Well, there I was reading posts at the Jefferson County Web Board, when I saw the thread titled "Obama shows his true colors!" It was referring to a NY Post article from Amir Taheri alleging that Barack Obama stalled troop withdrawals from Iraq so that when he is President, troops coming home will look like his doing. The allegations are shocking and if they were true, it would be outrageous for anyone, Dem or Republican, to do so.

But all is not what it seems. This is my bet....in the next few weeks, the fact will come out and this will be just one more "swiftboating" attempt to undermine Obama. Why do I make this bet, you say? 1) Because the NY Post to me is more of a gossip rag with sensationalist journalism...kind of a Fox News of the newspaper world and 2) Taheri has a history of making false allegations. Here's another source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amir_Taheri

I know that I make no secret that I am an Obama supporter, but I don't wish to see ANY candidate, Democrat or Republican, derailed for half-truths or lies. I felt this sort of outrage when Dubya did it to John McCain in 2000. It's not right for a candidate to fall because of a lie. Now if this was proven true, I would eat my words, but until I am proven wrong, I am behind Obama.

No comments: