What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Friday, September 26, 2008

This week in the news.....I am exhausted!!



I don't know about you all, but this week's events have left me mentally exhausted. What a trip it has been!!

My thoughts on this whole week....total drama! I am left feeling this morning like we as private citizens are being held hostage by the political whims of Washington.

I am going to admit something....I didn't watch President Bush on Wednesday. After having kept track of the talks in Washington about the bailout and then John McCain's theatrics about the debate, I just couldn't stomach Dubya. I chose instead to see if Jay and Grant could find some ghosts at the Buffalo Central Terminal. In my defense though, I did catch and read up on what he had to say. Essentially, he was asking for another blank check, much as he did with the war in Iraq. He wants us as taxpayers to bail out these companies that let greed and probably corruption lead to their demise.

Let me tell you my opinion on this....I think this bailout is bulls*^t and I will tell you why. If I wasn't able to pay for my mortgage, or for my car, or for my business, due to bad business practices, or for just being plain greedy, should I expect the government to bail my ass out? No, I don't think so. Even a law abiding, hard working citizen would not be able to rely on the government to bail them out should they be in danger of losing everything. What is the assurance that this bailout will even help the economy get better?

Look...in the past few years I have watched gas prices climb, I have watched my grocery bill go up, insurance premiums are getting higher, it's getting harder and harder to make a dollar stretch, unemployment is climbing, and everyday we pump more and more money into Iraq and the contracts that it employs. Now the government is asking the American people, the working class and those that are already struggling, to feel sorry for theses big business corporations and bail them out? How completely clueless can Washington be?

No comments: