What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Aubertine vs. Renzi

I know that many of you who read my blog during the special election between Darrel Aubertine and William Barclay knew that I posted almost everyday about the goings on of that race. You all might be wondering now why I haven't so much as posted about the Aubertine - Renzi race...here's why.

I simply am not worried that Aubertine will lose this seat. I cannot simply fathom that the same voters that put him into office 8 months ago would turn around and take it away from him. With the fight he put into that race, with the negative campaigning he had to face from Barclay and the State Republicans, it would seem like a slap in the face if the voters of Senate District 48 took him out almost as soon as they put him there. From what I have seen, Renzi is going by way of Barclay anyway with his negative ads using children and soundbites taken out of context. One would think that he would have learned something from Barclay.

The number two reason is that all of the other Northern NY political based blogs, Danger Democrat being one of them, are all over this anyway. Why reinvent the wheel?

All I can say is I have faith in Darrell Aubertine. He has my vote as he did in February.

No comments: