What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Saturday, October 18, 2008

This kind of hate needs to stop.....

I lifted this video from Danger Democrat.




It was filmed at a McCain / Palin rally in Pennsylvania and it is even more shocking than the one I posted from Ohio two days ago. I remember making a comment months ago to someone saying "What? Do people think that when Barack Obama is President he is going to have a Black Panther Inauguration Party and appoint Osama Bin Laden to the post of Secretary to State?!" I said this, of course, in jest to the ignorance that I was hearing because of myths about Obama floating around the internet. Unfortunately, with the video from Ohio and the one from Pennsylvania, I do believe that some may actually believe that.

Yesterday I was watching Rick Sanchez on CNN and saw these images.....

From California...




From Ohio.....



Is this what we have become? Looking at these images, I am reminded of the hate, bigotry, and ignorance that I see in history books regarding the Civil Rights Movement and even the Civil War. It scares me to think that this kind of hate still exists in this country. How must we look to the World around us?

Now before anyone accuses me of overlooking some of the lefties out there, Rick Sanchez also mentioned this tshirt seen worn by some Obama supporters....

I don't agree with Sarah Palin's politics, but this tshirt is filth and shows the mentality of the people wearing them. It's most likely the nastiest thing that one can call a woman...and to actually see anyone, let alone women, wearing it is awful.

I am not trying to be biased here, but I tried to find more examples of hate at Obama rallies...even going as far as putting "hate at Obama rallies", "hate speech at Obama rally", and "hate at Obama rallies" ....in quotes and all, and I did not come up with any videos, articles, or stories on youtube or the internet. It just lists more McCain / Palin rallies.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't think that John McCain or Sarah Palin supports this kind of talk any more than Barack Obama thinks the Sarah Palin t-shirts are appropriate. What is happening, though, is that these fringe lefties and righties are making the rest of us look bad. What amazes me is that these radical supporters don't seem to realize that they DO NOT HELP their candidate, they only hurt them.

This kind of hate needs to stop, on both sides.

No comments: