What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

CCFC Slideshows on Advertising to Children

CCFC Slideshows on Advertising to Children

Part I
Part II

Now, don't get me wrong. I am not one of those parents that will blame the media for all the worlds woes. I don't blame McDonald's for my youngest having to struggle with his weight. That is on me. On me for allowing him to sit and play his video games instead of going outside. On me for caving when he said he wanted McDonald's instead of insisting on healthier choices. As a parent, I now have to watch him work hard to lose the extra weight he gained, knowing I helped him get there. His father and I finally had to put our foot down or we were going to watch our son get more and more unhealthy. It is hard, however, to keep this healthy lifestyle going when a child is bombarded with food ads every 5 minutes on TV.

Which brings us to TV limits. I think that this is one of the best ways to go if one wishes to have a healthy, well-adjusted, non-materialistic child.

Just my opinion......

No comments: