What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson, pop music legend, dead at 50 - CNN.com

Michael Jackson, pop music legend, dead at 50 - CNN.com

I know Michael Jackson was weird. I know he had his issues. After the allegations of child abuse, I chose not to follow him or his music, but at the same time, I find myself sad that a man who was a large cultural icon of my childhood is gone.

I tend to look at Michael Jackson like two different people. The Michael Jackson of the Jackson 5 era, or the "Off the Wall" and "Thriller" eras, is how I chose to view him and his musical genius. The Michael Jackson that was larger than life, the one that made one stand in awe of his talent.

I think that Michael Jackson was a victim of his own fame and family. It's a shame he could not overcome them.

No comments: