What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Monday, September 14, 2009

What a weekend.....

All I can say is that I have just had the weekend of weekends!

First off, what can I say about seeing Cirque du Soleil's "Alegria" at the War Memorial except how completely awesome it was. Parts of it was so beautiful theatrically that I almost cried. My boys, ages 16 and 12, LOVED it. It was so great to bring my kids to something like this...something that is true art...no tv's, no computers, just art in it's finest. I imagine that this will start my Cirque du Soleil addiction. I used to watch it on Bravo, but it's a whole other thing to see it right in front of you!!

Afterwards, we went to the Carousel Mall and had dinner at Johnny Rockets, a 50's style theme restaurant. At first I was a little leery about going there because I knew it was diner food....lot's a burgers and fries, not good for the gallbladder at all, but imagine my surprise when I found this goodie on the menu:
Streamliner - (100% Soy Boca Burger) - The original meatless Boca burger, with grilled onions, fresh lettuce, ripe tomato, pickle, and mustard.
Now I know what many of you are thinking....a 100% soy burger is not your definition of a "goodie", but trust me...aside from a little too much mustard and pickles, easily remedied by removing some, it was REALLY good and I didn't have to resort to the usual grilled chicken breast sandwich that I always end up getting when I eat out. It's amazing what one finds to eat when one is forced to eat low fat. It isn't as yucky as it seems.

I could tell you about shopping at the Mall, but with two teenage boys in tow, it would just be a rehash of "but I don't need any more new clothes" and "why can I get this but not that", and "are we DONE yet?!" so I will fast forward to seeing "9" at the Carousel Mall theater.

"9" is directed by Shane Acker and the feature-length expansion of his Academy Award-nominated 2004 short film of the same name. The screenplay for the feature is by Pamela Pettler (Monster House); directors Tim Burton (Beetlejuice) and Timur Bekmambetov (Wanted) are among the feature version’s producers.

Here's the "9" trailer that sent Larry and I to HAVE to see it. (Float your cursor over "9" trailer to go to the link)

Ok...this movie absolutely ROCKED. I loved every bit of it...the story, the message, the animation, the characters, the action, and yes, the creepiness of it. All four of us were totally spellbound by it and my youngest, as he walked out of the movie, stated that we definitely have to get it on DVD. It's a shame that Regal Cinemas here in Watertown chose not to play "9", which was FANTASTIC, yet continued to play "G.I. Joe-Rise of Cobra",which pretty much sucked.

Anyway...onto Sunday!

I spent the entire day in my pajamas. Took a shower...put my pjs back on. I made a beef stew to die for (if I do say so myself) with some lowfat honey cornbread muffins, helped my kids with their homework and watched the Giants win their first regular season game (Indy and Philly won too, so extra sweet...not sweet about McNabb's broken rib though).

Ahhh...this was a great weekend with my family!

No comments: