What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

NY-23: Hoffman Calls on Scozzafava to Leave the Race « The Washington Independent

NY-23: Hoffman Calls on Scozzafava to Leave the Race « The Washington Independent

I am just going to say this.....if I can't have the pleasure of seeing a Democrat take the seat of NY's 23rd Congressional District, I would be placated to see Dede wipe the floor with Doug Hoffman. Why? Because the statement his campaign put out stating that Dede Scozzafava should bow out of the race just shows the arrogance of the candidate. Dede Scozzafava has every right to be in this election, Mr. Hoffman...even more than you do. Oh...here's another quote from Doug Hoffman....“It’s time for conservatives to show the Republican establishment who’s in charge.” Well, Mr. Hoffman, if who's in charge of the Republican party is the Conservatives, then I actually feel sorry for the Republicans right now.

This might come as a shock to many of you who read this blog, but as much as I would like to see Bill Owens win the seat, you won't get me to take smack about Dede Scozzafava. I think the Conservatives are going to kick themselves in the ass when North Country Dems are celebrating and they are crying all because they had to be all high and mighty of where Dede stands on issues. Shit...if evil incarnate Michelle Malkin is going as far as to call Dede a Leftist RINO, then she can't be ALL bad, can she? All I can say is come on over to the blue side, Dede...we won't treat you as such and we probably have better cookies.

You know what bugs me about Mr. Hoffman's sentiment and the sentiment of many Conservative Republicans? It's that they think they are better than the rest of us? They think they have the moral high ground on everyone from Democrats, to moderate Republicans, to gays and lesbians, to minorities, to people of other faiths, to women who face the decision of abortion....ALL of us. And many of them, do it with nastiness and disdain under the guise of Christian love and compassion. It makes me think of a bumper stick I once saw:

No comments: