What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Watertown Daily Times | All Politics is Local

All Politics Is Local

I am a little late on this one, but I hope you all will check out Jude Seymour's post called (Shakes head at Republican Leadership). Jude really did his homework on this one showing the "controversy" surrounding Dede Scozzafava's nomination as nothing more than "fake controversy generated by bloggers who live outside this district and have their own agendas."

This should be required reading for Michelle Malkin, Glenn Beck, and any conservative Republican that keeps stating that Ms. Scozzafava's nomination was done behind closed doors.

Check out this great quote in regards to the selection of a Republican candidate in July 9th's Watertown Daily Time and try to figure out who stated it......

"I think the whole process is fantastic! Hopefully, by doing this, we'll get a candidate the people can get behind."

Ding, ding....times up! This jewel came from the lips of a Lake Placid accountant named Douglas L. Hoffman. Yes....THAT Doug Hoffman! It came from "Nine 'apply' for post in 23rd", July 9, WDT.

Now, let me state that I am voting for Bill Owens. This race, this seat in Congress, is too important for us North Country Dems. We have put candidate after candidate against John McHugh to no avail....this time, we actually have a shot. I am excited at the prospect of a Democrat in the 23rd Congressional District seat.

So, why have I posted so much on Dede Scozzafava? Because I think what the Republican party has done to her is sad and ridiculous. I think how the North Country Republicans turned their back on her and how this became a nation-wide "bash Dede" fest by Conservatives just shows how mean spirited the party can be. You can't sit there and talk about how you embrace Christian Conservative values, then at the same time call Dede the wide range of insults that I have seen on conservative blogs. Not very Christian-like, but as I can see, very Conservative-like.

Like I said.....Ms. Scozzafava, when this is all over, please consider moving over to the Democratic Party. Why stay with a party that threw you to the wolves so quickly and didn't stand up for you when you needed it? It's like being in an abusive relationship. Break free, Dede!

No comments: