What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Take a moment to honor a Veteran this Veteran's Day

omaha beach d-day
see more Political Pictures

My whole life I have lived with Veterans. My dear grandfather was a veteran of World War II, my stepfather found his way to Laos during Vietnam, and my man is a veteran of the Iraq War. Living here in Northern NY, we are surround by veterans and their families on Fort Drum. Quite simply, even though none of it is simple, going to war changes a person. One never comes back the same. Please remember that today. Remember the sacrifice of these Veterans and their families today.

Veteran's Day is more than a day off or an excuse for a sale. It's about honoring those that left the safety of their homes and families to fight for something, sometimes coming back broken physically or mentally. Remember that today.

No comments: