What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mayor Graham announces big for Mayor with some swipes at his opponent. (My rebuttal)

http://newzjunky.com/news/0916graham_smith.htm
Well, it seems like Mayor Graham couldn't announce his bid for re-election without some shots at his opponent, Jeff Smith.

While I don't know where Graham gets his information on how geothermal and solar energy are "failed alternative energy" plans, I can't see where trying to bring the City to a cleaner energy source is a bad thing.

As far as jobs, as a person that has been looking for a permanent, full time job in Watertown for the past two years, I challenge Mayor Graham to show me where these jobs are...unless you count the myriad of restaurants that have popped up here as jobs.

And as far as partisan politics....how can he call out Smith for being introduced by a Democrat but argue that him being introduced by a Republican is acceptable because somehow it's different for him?  I have a personal story to show how non-partisan Jeff Smith can be.  While at the Dunkin' Donuts on Washington Street this morning, I ran into Jeff Smith.  Larry was standing next to him and told him, "Oh, by the way, we are voting for you."  Smith thanked us and when I stated, "Yeah, I never vote Republican but I'm voting for you!" (Yeah, my mouth switch doesn't work sometimes!), Smith reminded me that this was non-partisan.  He didn't thank me for defecting on this election, he didn't spout any retoric, or bash anyone...just was thankful for the support.

Don't even get me started on Graham's questionable support for Govenor and later talking about the questionable sort that attend Tragically Hip and Godsmack concerts....I could be here all day!

No comments: