What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

One of my favorite blogs - Marc and Angle Hack Life

I came across this blog quite by accident.  I was looking around on the Web for advice on how to find faith in things again.  Don't get me wrong, I am not depressed, I love my life and those in it, but I do find that I have lost my faith in certain things, like the political system, the fact that most people are inherently good, what God is or isn't, you know....the deep questions you start asking yourself when you are on the cusp of 40 years old.

I believe the first blog post that I read from this site was 30 Things to Start Doing for Yourself.  I pretty much love lists anyway and once I read that, I just went from one to another. 

Yesterday, I read this from the post 10 Ways To Live With No Regrets:

Dear Marc and Angel,
I am a 38-year old college drop-out whose childhood dream was to become a psychologist like my grandfather. Right now, I am a librarian at a city library who moonlights on the side as a life coach. I enjoy my day job, but my life coaching gig is the work that really moves me – it gives me a chance to indirectly dabble in psychological counseling. This side gig has started to gain traction, and
several of my recent clients have told me that I would have made a great medical psychologist.

But if I go back to college and get my degree, then go to graduate school, then complete my internship and dissertation, and finally begin my own legitimate psychologist/counseling practice, it will take me almost eight years from today. And, in eight years I will be 46 years old!

I’m trying to decide what I want to do. Do you have any thoughts or advice for me?
Sincerely,
An Inspired Reader

Dear Inspired Reader,
Sometimes asking the right question is the answer. Therefore, we have one for you:

In eight years from today, how old will you be if you don’t do it?

Sincerely,
Marc and Angel
 
That answer absolutely FLOORED me!  How often do we tell ourselves that we are not good enough, that we can't do it, or that we don't have enough time or too old to follow our dream?  If not now, then when?  Tomorrow isn't guaranteed. 

Anyway, if you want to be truly inspired and want a motivational kick in the ass, I highly recommend this website!

Marc and Angel Hack Life - Practical Tips for Productive Living

No comments: