What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Thursday, October 04, 2012

Who "won" last night's Presidential Debate?

I watched the first Presidential Debate last night.  I was hoping for a strong, intelligent debate as both President Obama and Mitt Romney are intelligent men.  I was also looking for a definite winner coming out of this debate.  Not that it will sway my vote in November because I am definitely voting for President Obama's second term, but I know there are some "undecideds" out there that needed a winner to help them make up their minds. (On a side note though, I never understood being undecided a mere month before an election.  It's not like they are similar in any way...but I digress..)

As I watched the debate, I found myself frustrated.  I felt like it was an hour and a half of Pete and Repeat.  The same thing was said over and over and OVER by both candidates.  One would say something, the other would say it was not true, then the other would repeat the first point again.  President Obama seems to have lost his luster and Romney reminded me of a kid who has to get the ABSOLUTE last word in.

I also love Jim Lehrer, but I don't think he had great control of the debate.  Both President Obama and Mitt Romney went so far over their time, that too much was said on some things and not enough on others.

I think the best thing to come out of the debates were the photo manipulations and tweets.  Here are a few of my favorites....















No comments: