What's running though my mind comes through in my walk / True feelings are shown by the way that I talk. ~MCA Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Friday, November 02, 2012

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

This was one of the topic prompts set on Blogher and since I have a dream place to live, I thought I would try to answer it.

My first response would be Ireland.  I suppose this comes from being part Irish and always wanting to see it.   When I see photos of Ireland, I always seem to get this feeling in my heart, like I am missing home.  I always thought it was a genetic imprint from my past ancestors that left the shores of Ireland praying to be able to see it again.

"And when I'm alone, Far away from home
I'll think of the good times once more
Until I can make it back
Some day
Here to Paddy's green shamrock shore"

There is something about being Irish that I am proud of.  I come from a people that came to this country to survive and to be able to come back, if only for a visit, would be a perfect way to honor those who braved a whole new world and, to some extent, helped build that new world.

But when I think about it all, I guess if I could live anywhere, I would live anywhere that I am with those that I love.  Home is where the heart is and home is what you make it.  In fact, I'm not living in the most exciting place, but I am surrounded by those I love....my sons and my man.

One day I would love to see Ireland, but home will always be with those I love.

No comments: